The ASUS ROG FX503 is the gaming laptop that was released in 2017.
It is designed for gamers who want a powerful machine that can handle the latest games with ease.
In this article, we will discuss the pros and cons of the ASUS ROG FX503.
- Performance – The ASUS ROG FX503 is equipped with an Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti graphics card, making it a powerful machine that can handle the latest games and applications with ease.
- Design – It has a sleek and modern design that looks great and is built to last. It is made of high-quality materials and has a premium feel to it.
- Display – The AROG FX503 has a 15.6-inch Full HD IPS display with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels, which provides sharp and clear images. It also has a fast refresh rate of 120Hz, which makes it perfect for gaming.
- Cooling – The ASUS ROG FX503 has a cooling system that keeps the machine cool even during intensive gaming sessions. It features a dual-fan system and copper heat pipes that dissipate heat efficiently.
- Audio –It also has a built-in audio system that delivers clear and immersive sound. It is equipped with two speakers and a subwoofer, which provides a rich and full sound experience.
- Battery life – The ASUS ROG FX503 has a relatively short battery life, which is a common issue with gaming laptops. It can only last for around 4 hours on a single charge, which may not be enough for some users.
- Weight – It is a heavy machine, weighing in at around 5.7 pounds. This may make it less portable than other laptops, which may be a concern for some users.
- Keyboard – It also has a keyboard that may not be comfortable for all users. It has a short key travel and may feel cramped for some users, especially if they have larger hands.
- Upgradeability – The ASUS ROG FX503 is not very upgradeable. The RAM and storage are not easily accessible and may require professional help to upgrade.
- Price – The ASUS ROG FX503 is a high-end gaming laptop that comes with a high price tag. It may not be affordable for all users, especially those who are on a tight budget.
The Intel Core i7-7700HQ is a quad-core processor
designed for use in high-performance laptops and desktops. It was released in 2017 as part of the 7th generation Intel Core processors.
The i7-7700HQ has a base clock speed of 2.8 GHz and can turbo boost up to 3.8 GHz. It has a thermal design power (TDP) of 45 watts and supports hyper-threading technology,
which allows for up to eight threads to run simultaneously.
The i7-7700HQ is built on a 14nm process and features Intel’s Turbo Boost 2.0 technology, which automatically increases the clock speed of the processor when the workload demands it. It also supports Intel’s Speed Shift technology, which allows for quicker and more efficient processor performance transitions.
The i7-7700HQ features Intel’s HD Graphics 630, which supports DirectX 12 and OpenGL 4.4.
It can also support up to three displays simultaneously.
Overall, the i7-7700HQ is a powerful processor that is ideal for demanding tasks such as gaming, video editing, and 3D modeling. Its high clock speeds and hyper-threading capabilities make it an excellent choice for users who need a fast and responsive system.
However, its relatively high TDP may make it less suitable for laptops with limited battery life.