T-Mobile offers device protection plans that cover accidental damage, loss, or theft of your phone.
Here’s how T-Mobile phone insurance works:
- Enroll in a protection plan: You can enroll in a protection plan when you purchase a new phone or within 14 days of your purchase. T-Mobile offers several protection plans, including Premium Device Protection, which covers accidental damage, loss, or theft, and Basic Device Protection, which covers accidental damage only.
- File a claim: If your phone is damaged, lost, or stolen, you can file a claim online or by calling T-Mobile customer service. T-Mobile will review your claim and determine whether it’s covered by your protection plan.
- Pay the deductible: If your claim is approved, you’ll need to pay a deductible to receive a replacement phone. The amount of the deductible depends on your protection plan and the type of phone you have.
- Receive a replacement phone: Once you’ve paid the deductible, T-Mobile will send you a replacement phone. The replacement phone may be new or refurbished, depending on availability.
- Return your damaged phone (if applicable): If your phone is damaged and you receive a replacement phone, you’ll need to return your damaged phone to T-Mobile. T-Mobile will provide instructions for returning your phone.